Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tarheel Stamper - Candle Banner Birthday Card

Click on photo for larger view.

Believe it or not this card came together quickly. I heat embossed the sentiment with White Detail embossing powder. That stamp is from Messages for Mom. The background is a jumbo wheel named Whimsy inked with Versamark. I heat embossed the background with Clear embossing powder. The candle is from Create a Cupcake which was in the Occasions mini. I am hoping this stamp set makes it in the new catalog. I punched it out with the jewelry tag punch. I cut strips at 3/8" wide and fed them through the punch to make them as long as I wanted. The punched piece is upside down. I wanted to do something different. I used Regals brads in the bottom of the tags. The string is our new Baker's Twine in the Summer Mini. I knotted the ends after gluing it to the designer paper. The tags are popped up with dimensionals. The paper is from the Regals Patterns Designer Series pack and from a 12 x 12 Textured pack of Regals colors. I love the feeling of the textured card stock. It embossed very well. I used the Scallop Border punch on the Happy Birthday strip.

Click on photo for larger view.


Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I just didn’t stamp for a while and now I am preparing for the next VC Rocks Blog Hop. The theme is Big Shot. I am excited to see the talented stampers’ projects. It will take place on June 11 – 12.


Our pool is open and the water is warming up! Yea for lazy afternoons floating in the pool! I love summertime. I am a warm (hot) weather kind of gal. How about you? The colors I used in the card are colors I see outside. More Mustard for the sun, Night of Navy for the pool water and sky, and Garden Green for the trees I see while floating! What inspires your color choice. Look around at nature. You will see many color combinations.

Have a great day,

Tammy aka Tarheel Stamper


2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute!

Melanie C said...

Great birthday card! I love the colors. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.