Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tarheel Stamper - Pennant Banner and Bird's Nest Wedding Favors


Bird Nest Favors

The first photo is of a place setting at the reception.  We used paper and plastic products to help offset the cost and to quicken clean up! These are bird nests (haystacks) in a cello bag tired with Certainly Celery Satin ribbon.  I used the Wide Oval, Modern Label, and Word Window punches.  Colors are Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, and Bashful Blue card stock.  My Digital Studio is great for making the labels.  

You can click on the photos for larger views.  We made almost 70 of these.  I would not have been able to do these without help from my sister, my other daughter(in law) and made my newest daughter(in law)'s sister.


 





Banner

The banner below is made with the Pennant Bigz XL die.  I stamped their names in Chocolate Chip with the Lovely Letters stamp set.  I used the 2 Step Bird and Scallop Circle punches on the banner also.  I wish I had a better photo, but hopefully you get the idea.  Everyone loved the banner and decorations.




We had a fruit and vegetable tray, wedding cookies, cake pops, mints, nuts, chocolate dipped strawberries, and heart shaped chicken salad sandwiches.  Also I made a Sundrop punch and we all love it.  Made it for the wedding reception also. Recipe is below the photo.  It is simple and thirst quenching.  It went quickly at both events. 

  

Copied from Cynthia on the link below the recipe!

Sundrop Punch


If you are ever in need of a delicious punch recipe that is easy to make with limited ingredients, this recipe is for you. I found it while getting my nails done in a cookbook produced by the women of First United Methodist Church in Clover, SC.

2 (12 ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
2 (46 ounce) cans unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
3 (2 liter) Sundrops, chilled

Mix lemonade and pineapple juice together and refrigerate or freeze. If frozen, set out of freezer about 4 hours before serving time.

Pour into a large punch bowl, add Sundrop and stir gently to blend. Float thinly sliced lemon or orange on the top. Serve immediately.

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/694113-Sundrop-Punch  link to recipe





2 comments:

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

wow, you did an amazing job! Everything is so cute. Love those cake balls, and the bird nests are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I know you made this a while ago...but I am hoping you can help me. How did you line the fold up on this die? I recently purchased it and was just curious if you had any tips. So far the folded crease really shows on mine and I am having trouble lining it up. I am a hobby demo and my upline has never used this die. Your banner is so awesome. I have been staring at the picture for a while now. Thanks so much for sharing the picture.
Lindsey
robinsonlindsey@cox.net