Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Tarheel Stamper - Blowing Leaves

Blowing Leaves Sympathy


It was a little windy and cooler here yesterday, so my card reflects that.  See the wind behind the leaves?  LOL

Hope you were able to get out and vote!  I am so thankful to live in a free country, where I can exercise the right and priviledge of voting. 

Now on to the card.  I made this card for a CAS challenge.  Challenge# 114 was to make a one layer card.  These are especially hard for me.  Thankfully they had a sketch to follow!  Here is the sketch.



 To make this card, I inked the stamps first with Versamark, next with More Mustard and then used the Rock and Roll method of inking with Cajun Craze. I then stamped on Crumb Cake.  You have to clean the stamp after each use.  Otherwise the ink would become muddy looking.  I then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the stamped leaves and heat embossed.  I ink the sentiment with Versamark ink and sprinkled gold embossing powder over that.  Shake off excess and heat embossed.  Next I used a piece of sponge with Whisper White ink and rubbed in a circular motion over the leaves.  I then took a paper towel and rubbed over that to remove the ink from the embossed area.  I had to slightly dampen the paper towel to remove some of the ink.  The white ink reminds me of a cool windy day.  Hope you like it! 

Have a great fall day,
Tammy aka Tarheel Stamper
Supplies used:

Card stock - Crumb Cake
Inks - Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Whisper White, Versamark
Accessories - Gold and Clear embossing powder, sponge


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Tammy

What lovely card.
The colour you have achieved on the leaves looks beautiful.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)