Monday, September 07, 2009

Stampin' Up! Serene Snowflakes and Big Shot Tip

Shimmery Snowflakes Card




Serene Snowflakes is available in the Holiday Mini Catalog. It has a unique take on snowflakes. You can make some quick cards and scrapbook pages with this set and punch. I am having a Stamp Camp this month and making some Christmas projects. This will be one of them. You should be able to click on the photo above and view a larger image. The shimmer paint Stampin' Up! introduces in the Holiday Mini Catalog is awesome. A link to the Holiday Mini is in my side bar. Just click on the photo of the catalog. For the background I used a Stampin' Sponge to apply the Frost White shimmer paint to the stamp and then stamped. You have to be careful with this technique to not get too much paint on the stamp because it will blur the image. The shimmer paint gives a beautiful shimmer and a unique background for your Christmas cards and you can also use it to paint images.





I found a blog with a tip to get a great impression with the Stampin' Up! Texturz plates, but I cannot find the link at the moment. If you know the link, please let me know and I will give her credit. I have included a photo of the set up for the Big Shot. This is fantastic! Don't have to spray water or alcohol, just run the stack through the Big Shot and you get this fantastic impression. It will be hard to turn the handle, but it is worth the effort as you can see above. I used Brushed Silver to show the impression a little better. On the card for the stamp camp, we will use Whisper White. Can you tell how much I use the Big Shot by the condition of the cutting plate? LOL I love the Big Shot. I believe that is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Seriously it is so versatile. You should consider purchasing one. I love mine and use it all the time. You can use all companies dies in it.

Order is:

Multipurpose platform use top of the platform.

Texturz Impressionz plate

Card Stock

Silicone Rubber Mat

Cutting Plate




Serene Snowflakes
Item# 115438
Price: $20.95

To order any of the products used contact me at howe1472@bellsouth.net or visit my Stampin' Up! Business website at http://tammyhowell.stampinup.net/ . Click on Shop Now and enter your information as prompted.













1 comment:

Leonie Schroder said...

OOOO I love the look of that set! I love snowflakes but sadly we only have a couple of sets with them in it - love your card and it appears you use your bigshot quite a bit ;)