Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summery Sandal Card





Another card we will be making at my Simply Shaped Card Stamp Camp on July 25, 2009. Summer is my favorite season although I love Christmas time too. Floating in the pool, looking up at the beautiful sky and birds flying, and enjoying God's handiwork is a relaxing way for me to spend some time with my family.



I love this sandal template I found at http://www.stampington.com/html/tempting_template_sandal.html. I scored the card stock in half and placed the fold on the upper left of the sandal. The template was traced with pencil and cut out. Then I traced another sandal template on a piece of Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper and cut out about 1/4 inch from the pencil line. Cutting white ribbon I used a brad to attach the ribbon to the toe part first, then the sides. Next I glued the paper to the card stock tucking the ends of the ribbon under the paper. I didn't want the ends of the ribbon to show. Remember to use a wood block to press the back of the brad, the prongs, down. It makes a difference in how your paper glues down. I used the Five Petal punch, 1/4 inch circle, and Bojo Blossoms punches for the flowers. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes punched with the Modern Label punch. Card stock and ink used were Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo. Loving these new In Colors. It was hard to see last year's retired, but I am enjoying using the new In Colors.



Hope you have a blessed day! Have fun and create something. If you use the template, please put a link in a comment so I can see what you create! I love seeing others artwork!

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Such a cute card! Love the summery colors. TFS