Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wild About You Cards

These three cards are for two separate challenges. Challenge one comes from Stamping411's blog. It is a sketch challenge. Click on the blog's name above or the blog bling in the sidebar to go the website. Play along and post your cards. This is a great blog for new stampers and experienced stampers too!



Then I made three cards using a retiring set Wild About You for a challenge on StampinLNStampers yahoo group. Great group of Stampin' Up! demos and customers who share artwork and inspiration with each other. Blog bling is in sidebar. We were to use a retiring stamp set. I used three retiring sets, Holidays and Wishes, Hugs and Wishes, and Wild About You. Get yours while you can! They will retire soon and will not be available again from Stampin' Up! I give a 10% discount on the retiring sets. Contact me soon!


I masked the Birthday Hugs and Wishes stamp with post it notes. I included a photo for those not familiar with this technique. I cut the sticky part of the notes and used that to cover the part of the stamp I didn't want to show. I inked the stamp while it was on my table rubber side up so I could control where most of the ink was going. Then I removed the post it notes and huffed on the stamp and then stamped the hugs and wishes. Fast way to only use part of the image.


Enjoy the cards. The lighting is not good and I am not where my natural light lamp is. Sorry for the poor quality.


I won't be posting for a little over a week. I am going on vacation! Yahoo!








10 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

These cards are awesome! I love this set and will miss it in the book. Although, i will probably never part with it! Thanks for playing along with the operators!

Nancy Dawson said...

What a great job on both challenges! Hate to see that set go. TFS

Krista said...

Very nice card !!

Patti Chesky said...

I'm with Selene....Wild About You is a keeper. All of the cards are fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

Unknown said...

Love these cards!!! AND congrats on having one picked over at LNS Yahoo group!! Your card and the others are just awesome!!

Connie Babbert said...

AWESOME! Love all your cards this week...I can't pick just one favorite! Thanks for playing along.

MJ said...

I am so glad your card won, it is so adorable. I love all three but the giraffe was my favorite.

Selene Kempton said...

congratulations on making stamping411's showcase! Great Job!

Leonie Schroder said...

Gorgeous cards Tammy ... dont have this set yet but am about to borrow it from a friend for a class next week so thanks for a little inspiration.

Pam said...

Nice job! Lots of inspiration!