Friday, June 05, 2009

Strawberries 4 U


Stamp set used is Tart and Tangy! I think this is the perfect set for summertime cardmaking. I love to eat fresh strawberries! First chance I have had to post in a while. I really didn't get to stamp much this past week.


This card is made with the soon-t0-be retired In Colors, Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red. I am going to miss these In Colors so much, but Stampin' Up! has some great new In Colors coming out in the upcoming July catalog. I can't wait to get my preorder and make some samples for you to see! Now back to the card.




I inked the strawberries with Versamark ink and then with Kiwi Kiss on top of the Versamark. I stamped on Whisper White cardstock and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. It looks splotchy, but I liked that look on the strawberries. I did the same technique with Riding Hood Red. By cutting out the Kiwi Kiss strawberry tops, it adds a little dimension. The Oval All stamp set is made to be used with the Oval Scallop punch. The sentiment is heat embossed with White Detail powder using Versamark ink. I punched the sentiment out and mounted it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The side strip is a piece of a retiring Sweet Slumber Specialty Designer Series Paper. It is almost like cardstock and has a lot of texture. I ran the strip through the Big Shot with the Stampin' Up! exclusive Flourish Textures Plate. Then I used our sanding block to sand the raised lines. I inked the strip with Versamark and heat embossed the whole thing with Clear embossing powder.


To finish off the card I stamped the swirling vine and flower image in Kiwi Kiss from the Baroque Motifs set on Whisper White. I used the ticket corner punch on the Riding Hood Red mat. I made a slit in the fold of the card with the Hobby Blade, threaded the Whisper White Organdy Ribbon through the slit and tied it in a knot. I used the Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive to glue the three half back pearls from the Pretties kit on top of the ribbon. So what do you think? Should I have added something else, like maybe a scallop border punch along the outside of the dsp strip? I love to hear your comments and tips and hints on how to make my cards and projects better.

2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

I agree - I hate to see these colors go but there are new ones a-comin'! Great card for summer.

Unknown said...

I am going to miss these in colors so much!!! They are by far my favorites so far!!!! Great card for summer too, I love it!!!