Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Wonderful Tree


Hi Stampin' Friends,

I thought this would make a great Father's Day card for my sons to give to their dad on Father's Day. I don't have a Father's Day stamp so I used wonderful from Warm Words. My wonderful husband is a very special day! God has blessed our family with a wonderful husband and father. I used the spiral punch on the Baja Breeze strip, threaded natural hemp twine through the slots, and tied knots around each piece showing on top. This is the first time I have used the set Branch Out. I colored the tire swing with Creamy Caramel and Basic Black markers. Such an easy technique to add color to your markers. Just color directly on the stamp with Stampin' Up! Markers (water based) and huff on the stamp. The moisture in your breath reactivates the ink and then stamp as usual. We will be making a card similar to this at my May Stamp Camp!
Stamps - Branch Out, Warm Words
Inks - Creamy Caramel and Basic Black markers, Close to Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point Classic Ink Pads
Papers - Walk in the Park DSP, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Whisper White cardstock
Accessories - Hemp Twine, Silver Brads, Neutrals Button, Lots of Tags Sizzlit die, Matchbox XL Bigz Die

6 comments:

Pam said...

What a truly pretty card! I love the color combination! I wish I had that stamp set. If it doesn't retire or go dormant, I think I'll order it when the new book comes out. Nice job!

Welcome to my Stamping Blog! said...

Wonderful indeed - this is beauty!!! Love the accents with twine!

Unknown said...

I just love this card!!! When I first saw it in the LNS photo album I fell in love with it right away!!! TFS!

Leonie Schroder said...

love this and the colours you used - so rich!

Looking forward to getting to know you thru LNS Bloggin Stars Group 1 ;)

MJ said...

I know I already told you that I love this card but thought I would tell you again. The twine and buttons are such fabulous additions along with the two toned sponging.

Sherrill Graff owner said...

Great idea. I love the colors and the added twine too. The button gave it just the right touch, nice work. Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com